Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween!

 Hello Readers and Happy Halloween!

    Halloween in Sunnypatch Gardens is lots of fun! Everyone gathers in the town square to begin trick-or-treating at all the local shops on Main Street. Many of these shops are also giving out or selling awesome themed goodies. This spooky holiday season, the Thistlethorn Mice set up a Halloween stand outside their grocery store. I absolutely adore all the pumpkins!

        I was so busy this month that I didn't have a costume ready, but that's okay! Everyone in town is welcome to the Halloween celebrations, despite age or costume status. Franklin Sunnypatch, for example, doesn't enjoy wearing clothes other than his onesie; as they irritate his skin and make him grumpy. It would be a shame to deny him candy & activities just because he's more comfortable without a costume! Happiness is the main goal for all celebrations in Sunnypatch Gardens.

I headed out a bit early to document the day. Along with me are Amethyst, Peanut, and Franklin, to check out the new stand. 

Amethyst Hopscotch is dressed like a purple witch, isn't she so cute? & Peanut, which we met in our last article, decided to keep up with his ghost theme. 


Franklin was very fascinated with the spooky table. It was covered in potions, spell books, jars of mystery, and an unknown skull! I personally found it a bit creepy, but he loved it.
The Halloween stall was being run by Rosemary Thistlethorn, while her husband took the kids out to visit the other shops. She had so many cool things to choose from! Everyone gets to pick one thing for free and then pay for extras later in the evening.

   Mrs. Thistlethorn was so excited for her first customers. I did a brief interview, as I didn't want to hold her up too long in case others arrived early.
Me: Why did you decide to set up a stall this year instead of just passing out candy at the store?
Rosemary: I really wanted to go all out this year. Clovis, the kids, and I worked really hard during the summer building this stall together and coming up with a plan. I wanted to offer some extra fun items for everyone to enjoy during my favorite season. 
Me: Which is your favorite item from what you are offering today?
Rosemary: Definitely the potions. I had fun coming up with the menu and using the amazing ingredients we have to choose from at the store.

After the interview, I took a look at all the spooky items!



One of the items to choose from are these awesome Halloween treat bags!* I picked out a purple bag, isn't it so cute? It can hold so much candy! Peanut chose a book about Fairy Tales. He's been very interested in spooky tales about the supernatural and local lore, lately. Maybe he'll grow up to be like Mr. Hawthorne, the Paranormal Investigator!



Amethyst chose a potion soda for her and Franklin. Each one has a different flavor and "special potion effect!" That sounded too adventurous for me, but they seemed super excited about it. Amethyst got a lime flavor; it's special effect was that it made your lips pucker! Franklin got a lavender flavored potion, which relaxes and calms the drinker. They loved their drinks and offered me a sip from each. It was pretty good and not so scary!


Overall, we had an excellent time! We scored SO much candy and goodies. I hope your Halloween was a blast and safe as well!

xoxo Shiloh




*treat  bags, mini pumpkins, fortune table, and book are miniatures from Michaels Craft Store. The stall and potions were made by me & my husband - process & directions will be posted in my new craft tab.

2 comments:

  1. All the little potions are so adorable!! I love the Thistlethorn Halloween stand and the cute little customers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Thistlethorns' stall is gorgeous Shiloh, well done! Hope you and your family had a happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Stories