Monday, September 28, 2020

So 'Mush' Adventures with Friends!

Greetings Readers!

I'm soooo excited because my favorite season has begun. AUTUMN! My best friend Haley Pickleweed and I adore exploring the woods during this time of year. Today, I invited my new friend Clover along to go mushroom sighting with us. I just know her and Haley will get along well.

We started our trek into the woods and soon found a grassy field where Haley and I have discovered many mushrooms before. We decided to let Clover lead the way, since this was her first time ever even seeing a mush out in the wild! Clover used to live in the city and didn't see much nature aside from some flower patches and well tended parks and farms. She started running when she spotted the first mushroom..


"Woah, it's as tall as me!!" she shrieked when we got up to it. That's the magic of Sunnypatch Gardens, things just grow wild here! I took their photo with it to commemorate Clover's first mushroom spotting. I think she was in shock! Then she spotted something else..



So many! Clover wanted to climb these ones because they were so tall and looked like trampolines. But Haley and I advised against it, as these one's weren't very sturdy. A few years back, Haley's brother tried bouncing on a flimsy mushroom and we had to call the medic! Clover didn't like the sound of that so we kept exploring.

 

We were mesmerized by this cutie! It looks like a table for tasty forest snacks! Our rumbly tummies agreed.."You do know we can eat mushrooms right? we're critters!" said Haley. I almost forgot! Part of why Haley and I visit the woods for mushrooms so much is so that we can take some back to our parents to cook with!* Haley marched forward to find us the perfect mush to bring back! Her expert skills didnt take long to find it. With a mighty tug she ripped a mushroom out of the ground before we even caught up to her!



Clover was so shocked! hehe



We decided this one was perfect to bring home. On our way back, we spotted some PERFECT mushies to bounce on!* Somehow we missed them on our way into the woods. We helped Clover up into one to pose. Doesn't she look adorable?



Then we all piled into an even bigger one!! "MOO!!" wait..what was that sound. Daisy?? When did you get here! What a silly baby! She must have seen us coming out of the woods and ran to catch up while we were busy climbing in.

We sat and talked about our favorite snacks, flowers, and so much more and giggled for quite some time while we hung out on the mushies. We remembered we had to get that mushy home before dark, so we hopped down and finished carrying it. Whew! What an adventure.


We were so tired! Clover plopped down into some clover that grows rampantly around here to take a rest after we got into town. I think this might be one of my favorite photos of her I've taken yet!



We laid in the clover until a bit after dark, continuing to giggle and learn things about each other. Haley wants to open an apothecary when she grows up and learn all about helpful herbs and plants. I want to be a professional blogger. & Clover wants to run a smoothie shop with all the delicious fruits her family will grow this year. We're an ambitious bunch. I'm so happy we all met.

Our mushroom adventure was an amazing day, I hope we have more soon!


**Please do not touch, cook, or eat mushrooms you aren't sure are safe. & always clean your critters well after playing with them outside or near mush! Mushrooms have spores that you cant see with the naked eye, and can leave that residue on your critters if you don't clean them!

4 comments:

  1. What an adorable post! It's so nice to see your critters enjoying nature. Clover in clover too! Clever idea (or should it be a clover idea?); either way I agree it's a good photo.
    Thanks for sharing this warm story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I really love taking them out to explore the big world :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I love your story and photos so much!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Stories